Wednesday 14 August 2013

Searching

Philip Lake Trail
Wells Grey Provincial Park
up 350 meters then down again
About 2 hours

We started on the road less travelled. It was bumpy, steep and narrow. I usually like to hang my head out the window on this kind of backroad, but not today! Today the shrubby alders were trying to climb in through the windows, slapping my face as we drove past. I tried to look through the front window, but all I could see was the sky. As the truck rocked and rolled on it's slow grind upwards, I laid back my ears and clung to the seat. When we arrived at the trailhead, I was relieved. The hike is pretty and we had the place to ourselves. At the lake I was distracted by a particular scent.








 
It was hard to place the sweet herby aroma. I continued to explore the shrubby lakeshore.














Eureka! How could I forget? It is huckleberry season.



 











Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment